Faster to your Riverside Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 951-398-3240
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO's Infectious Disease Precautions
It is important to us that our customers know the steps SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews is taking to reduce the risk of team member exposure to the virus. These precautionary steps we have taken as a company include:
- All tools and equipment coming into your property have been cleaned and disinfected.
- All workers wear personal protective equipment to protect themselves while performing work.
- We’ve all been provided with training to safely work in contaminated environments.
- We’ve all been provided with training to identify coronavirus symptoms and carefully monitor ourselves and our co-workers.
- We have stringent safety and health policies and procedures; and we continually strive to follow and improve our safe work practices.
Overall, we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure we don’t cross contaminate our customers, our co-workers, or our families. We cannot make any guarantees that the virus could not enter your property, but we can tell you that we have taken every possible measure to protect customers and team members alike.
Whether it is a water loss, fire damage, or a cleaning request, please know that SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews is still here for the entire Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 951-398-3240
Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO® Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews today at 951-398-3240 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
An Evergreen Debate: Real or Fake Christmas Tree
As we’re still feeling the effects of the Thanksgiving food coma, we begin to shift our attention to one of the next major holidays of the year, Christmas!
With Christmas underway, we look towards one of its most debatable topics.
Are we using a real or fake Christmas tree this year?
While both options have their merits, one critical consideration is often overlooked: fire safety.
It's essential to make an informed choice. We’ll explore the differences between the two regarding fire safety.
Real Christmas Tree Fire Safety Concerns
When purchasing a real tree, choose a freshly cut one. To check the freshness of the tree, perform a pull test. First, gently pull on a shoot (any above-ground portion of a tree directly bearing leaves) with your thumb and fingers; if the tree is fresh, you should not have any needles come off in your hand.
If you are not displaying your tree right away, keep it in a cool area to prevent as much drying as possible since brittle and dry trees ignite more easily.
You must water your Christmas tree and check its water level daily to keep it from drying out. Make sure your tree is inside a sturdy stand.
If not done, and a fire was to occur on your tree, a dried-out tree will burn entirely within seconds versus a well-hydrated tree that will still have a fire, but there will be more time to react.
Remember to keep your real tree safely away from heat sources, such as fireplaces, radiators, and heating vents. Doing so will help prevent the tree from drying out and becoming a fire hazard.
When decorating your tree, use UL-listed lights. Ensure to check them for damage or exposed wires. Turn off the lights when you're not at home or before going to bed.
Finally, when the holiday is over, discard your tree promptly. Just because the holiday is over does not mean the tree is no longer a fire hazard.
Fake Christmas Tree Fire Safety Concerns
Fake Christmas trees, typically made from materials such as PVC, metal, or polyethylene, are generally considered safer in terms of fire risk. These materials are less flammable and do not dry out over time, reducing the potential for ignition.
Just know that as time goes by, certain materials may need replacing as they get worn out.
While fake Christmas trees are inherently safer in terms of fire risk, it's essential to ensure you maintain proper fire safety measures when decorating and lighting them.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when decorating your tree.
Use UL-Listed Lights: When decorating your fake tree, use lights that are UL-listed for safety. Check lights for damage, exposed wires, or fraying.
Safe Electrical Connections: Ensure all electrical connections are secure and avoid overloading circuits. Unplug the lights when you leave home or go to bed.
No Open Flames: Avoid using real candles on or near your fake tree to prevent the risk of ignition.
Proper Placement: Keep your fake tree away from heat sources, just as you would with a real tree. Doing so prevents any potential heat damage to the materials and ensures safety.
When choosing between a real or fake Christmas tree, it's important to weigh the fire safety considerations along with other factors.
Whichever you choose, celebrating safely and responsibly should be the top priority during this festive time of year.
Ensure that your decorations, lights, and electrical connections are in good condition, and follow safety guidelines to keep your home and loved ones protected.
Have a wonderful holiday!
P.S – If your home suffers fire damages over the holiday, know that SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews has 24/7/365 emergency fire restoration services for the aftermath. Our team is always ready and nearby to help! Keep our number on file at 951-398-3240
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews on-site at Upland Plane Crash
Live KTLA news footage of neighboring house that the plane crashed into. SERVPRO out front ready to help!
Deadly Plane Crash into Upland home.
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews was first team onsite to this devastating plane crash to clean up debris, board up and secure the affected properties and restoration on-site at a Deadly Upland Plane Crash in Inland Empire, California. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected. Whether it's a plane or car crash, SERVPRO is trained at bio hazard cleanup.
If you home or business is affected by a disaster, callSERVPRO ofWoodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews;we are faster to any size disaster! We are "Here to Help" and make it "Like it never even happened."
Call us today 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year at 951-398-3240
How to Prepare Your Home For A Storm
There are many areas of the United States that have experienced heavy winds and storms this season and the strong powerful winds can cause significant damage to a home. Wind damage and water damage are the most common results of a heavy storm and it is important to contact a storm damage restoration professional as soon as the storm is over to help limit and repair the damage. Wind damage can happen to your home directly from the strong wind or indirectly from the wind blowing debris into your house. These wind damage facts will help you better understand the potential for wind damage and how to prevent it.
Wind Type Varies by Storm and Causes Different Degrees of Wind Damage
Thunderstorms are the most common source of wind and storm damage but winds from hurricanes or tornadoes are stronger and can cause more severe damage. It is important to know when a storm is approaching your area and what type of storm it is, so you know the potential and level of damage to expect. Thunderstorms are responsible for over half of all wind damage cases in the U.S., but the storm damage repair may be more costly for hurricane or tornado wind damage.
Characteristics of the Wind Affect the Wind Damage
The wind has many characteristics that differ depending on the situation. Some characteristics to take into account include speed, direction, and duration of the gusts and recognizing them can help you protect your home and property effectively from wind damage. Recognizing the characteristics of the wind can also help you determine how much potential damage to expect.
Preventing Wind and Storm Damage
Most wind damage is caused by flying debris either from plants or other structures and objects that are not secured. If a storm is approaching your area, make sure any potential debris around your home such as patio furniture, toys, garbage cans, and other objects are either secured or brought inside. Your doors and windows should also be secured to help minimize the potential storm damage to the home.
Call SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews Today! (951) 398-3240
How to Prepare Your Home For A Storm
Quick guide to preparing for a storm
- Ensure your drains and gutters are clear of debris to prevent blockages.
- If safe to do so, check your pipes and water tanks are insulated to prevent freezing and that the release point of overflow pipes is not obstructed. Ideally, you'll have a regular maintenance program in place.
- Cut back trees and branches to minimize the risk of falling branches.
- Secure loose fences.
- Check that roof tiles and aerials are secure if you can do this safely. It may be worth seeking professional advice.
- Make sure garden furniture and ladders are secured in case of high winds or locked away in the shed or even inside your house.
- When you know a bad storm is on its way with warnings about gale-force winds and floods, make sure children, pets and your family and neighbors are safe. Make sure you're indoors when it hits and don’t try and repair damage during a storm.
Always be cautious when undertaking any task that you're not fully familiar with as you could injure yourself or those around you, seek professional help where required.
So, this winter, make sure you're storm ready. Secure loose objects such as ladders and garden furniture. Close and secure all windows and doors. Check on loved ones before a storm strikes, but once it arrives, stay indoors. Do not try to drive or move around outside near trees or buildings that could collapse.
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Matthews offers inspections to make sure your home or business is storm ready. Call us at (951) 398-3240 for more information.
17th Annual Christmas Tree Lane at the Promenade Temecula
Flyer for the 17th Annual Christmas Tree Lane at the Promenade Temecula
It’s the 17th Annual Christmas Tree Lane at the Promenade Temecula hosted by Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley! Stop by to see the beautiful, amazing 20 custom-designed Christmas trees, each with its own theme. Each tree will be raffled off at a drawing ceremony taking place on December 17th, 2023 at 7 PM at the Promenade Temecula. The proceeds will go to helping families, veterans, and seniors that Habitat for Humanity serves.
The event’s theme is Candyland and the event is going to be sweet! With the display now open to view, come take a look at all the trees! Our SERVPRO® tree’s theme this year is the Grinch. We sponsored this tree as our way of giving back to the community. As we know, helping out the community whenever possible will always leave a positive impact on one’s life.
Raffle tickets are $1 each, $20 for 25 tickets, or $50 for 60 tickets. Those who buy 60 tickets for $50 will receive a $20 off coupon for Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley’s ReStore Design Center.
You can purchase the tickets in person at the Promenade Temecula located at 40820 Winchester Road, Temecula, CA, United States, 92591.
We look forward to embracing the spirit of giving back and helping the community! We hope to see you there at the drawing.
Visit Habitat for Humanity’s website to learn more about what they do and how you can become a volunteer and see what you can do for your community.
Is your business a part of our “Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned“ program?
Is your business a part of our “Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned“ program? SERVPRO of Woodcrest / Lake Mathews / El Cerrito offers a cleaning and disinfecting program to commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This is a level of clean that goes way beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. When businesses choose SERVPRO, employees, customers, and the community can rest assured that they’ve selected a “higher standard of clean” — Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
For a quote call us at 951-398-3240
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning, it’s a higher standard of clean. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. Our SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Woodcrest / El Cerrito / Lake Mathews is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.